Re: [Exim] preventing relaying from local users

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] preventing relaying from local users
On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 03:36:11AM +0200, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Exim on Fred does _not_ have a smarthost-type rule.  It uses a
> domain-list router with something like:
>   domainlist:
>     driver = domainlist
>     transport = remote_smtp
>     host_find_failed = fail
>     route_file = /path/to/lookup_file
> where lookup_file is as per 28.1 of the Spec.  No other routers.

Yep, that was my first idea.

> So, Barney doesn't accept mail from Fred unless it's Fred/exim,
> Fred/exim doesn't pass mail to Barney unless it's for a local domain.

Yep, but that was lacking the user whitelist feature I wanted (i.e. a
specific list of users would be allowed to relay mail outside).
I then realized that I can simply restrict relaying on fred as I was saying
in my last mail, and that would allow me to use the relay directives and
have a user whitelist.

Thanks for your help.
MArc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key