Re: [Exim] Very Slow response: exim -bt

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Odhiambo Washington
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Very Slow response: exim -bt
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> > [Aside: at the IETF meeting that I'm currently attending, the consensus
> > at a discussion of AAAA vs A6 records was to use only AAAA records, and
> > not to proceed with A6. So the next release of Exim will have A6 support
> > removed.]
>
> Aaah, no need for my advise then, it wouldn't be there.

No, it's only the A6 records that are likely to go away. AAAA records
are still going to exist, and if the name server you query times out on
AAAA records (as appears to have happened in your test), you will still
get this result. Basically, the name server is broken. It should be
saying "no such record".

I suppose I could consider adding some option for working round this
brokenness, such as "don't look up AAAA records for these domains".
Noted for Exim 4.