Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Brutsche
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

> Well of COURSE it's not supported :> Exim can only use protocols that
> are available to the kernel. If you're kernel doesn't support IPv6,
> neither does Exim :>

But of course. But it shouldn't be a fatal error if Exim tries to use
IPv6 when the kernel doesn't support it.

> I use Exim on RedHat 7.1 Linux with a custom compiled kernel also. If
> I boot the kernel WITH IPv6 support then Exim's IPv6 support seems ok
> (have not tested besides loading Exim). If I boot the kernel WITHOUT
> IPv6 support, It gives me the same error :>

Except that Exim 3.31 (and earlier) didn't do this. I could go out and
compile 3.31 using the exact same Local/Makefile as I did with 3.32 and
end up with a perfectly functioning mail server, on both the Linux and
NetBSD systems.

Whatever happened to using the same binary on different computers with
different network configurations?

I still say it's an Exim bug :)

Phil