Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

Author: Dan Egli
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start
> Nope, it didn't work. This system was NetBSD 1.5 on SPARC with Exim 3.32.
***> I'm using a custom compiled kernel that lacks IPv6 support, btw. This
is
> the message I got in the paniclog:
>
> IPv6 socket creation failed: Protocol not supported

Well of COURSE it's not supported :> Exim can only use protocols that are
available to the kernel. If you're kernel doesn't support IPv6, neither does
Exim :>

I use Exim on RedHat 7.1 Linux with a custom compiled kernel also. If I boot
the kernel WITH IPv6 support then Exim's IPv6 support seems ok (have not
tested besides loading Exim). If I boot the kernel WITHOUT IPv6 support, It
gives me the same error :>