Re: [Exim] Mailman: problem with exim settings

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mailman: problem with exim settings
On 08 August 2001, Stuart Grimshaw said:
> I'm trying to get mailman to work with my exim server. I don't really know if
> this should be a question on the mailman list, but the problem seems to lie
> in the exim configs, so I plumbed for this list instead.
>
> The problem is it isn't using the right director, it calls the system_alias
> director rather than the list_director.
>
> I noticed there is an entry for the list in the aliases file, and that all
> through the docs it says this shouldn't be, but the entry was created by
> mailman, so I've not tried to remove it...

AFAIK, Mailman never touches your /etc/aliases file. For
Mailman-under-Sendmail, it's up to the admin to manually edit
/etc/aliases every time a new list is added. For Mailman-under-Exim,
assuming you use the scheme documented in Nigel's How-to document, you
only have to edit /etc/aliases once: to add "mailman" and
"mailman-owner". You should not have have any other Mailman-related
entries in /etc/aliases.

        Greg