Re: [Exim] Re: Spam Control

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Spam Control
Quoth Suresh Ramasubramanian on Mon, Aug 06, 2001:
> * [D. J. Bernstein on 06/08/01 04:05 -0000]
> > In fact, the first two major MTAs to support automatic subaddressing by
> > default were MMDF and qmail. MMDF used =.
>
> Thanks for the clarification :)

I was told that most addresq harvesting spamware misparses e-mail
addresses that contain "interesting" characters. Adding
characters such as '$' to e-mail addresses or making such
characters the delimeters is effective if your goal is to stop
spam directed at you.

I know someone whose e-mail address starts with #!/bin/sh@ .

Vadik.

--
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is
cursed.