Re: [Exim] RBL blocking

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Tabor J. Wells
Cc: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL blocking
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:41:10PM +0100,
> Alan J. Flavell <flavell@???> is thought to have said:
>
> > All of the ORBS replacements exhibit the same property in this regard
> > as the original ORBS: they document the technical fact that the IP
> > address is (part of) an open relay (chain).

[...]

> Umm, that's not true. ORDB specifically does not and will not list
> outputs. Only inputs.

I'm sorry if you felt I had not expressed myself clearly enough.
Perhaps I should have said "similar" rather than "same": at any rate
the point I was trying to make was that there is no additional
criterion of actually having participated in the relaying of spam, as
the MAPS RSS insists on. Hence the increased likelihood of what in
practical terms we would call false positives (i.e the rejection of
good mail on suspicion of being offered by a spam relay) - sure, in
objective technical terms these aren't "false" positives at all: the
system is working as designed (blocking mail, irrespective of its
nature, from sites that are objectively proven to be open relays).

> So there is no chain there.

I said "the address is (part of) an open relay (chain)".

Are you saying that the address would be blacklisted for even
accepting the mail, irrespective of whether it relayed it (whether
directly or via a chain)? That would seem excessive, and doesn't
appear to be what the site's own description says.

best regards