Re: [Exim] message delay warning messages

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Nicholas Blackaby
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] message delay warning messages
* [Nicholas Blackaby on 06/08/01 13:30 +0100]

> [...deleted...] Bear in
> mind that this error report was processed by a computer that
> cannot tell "User JAIME24 does not exist" from "Please note that
> the Department of Microbiology will be closed from December 19
> to January 2" or "Attempts

Do bear in mind that autoresponders should not be sent to MAILER-DAEMON / null
return path messages, or those which are autoresponders or list mail themselves
(with characteristic Precedence: junk - or bulk - headers)

> messages while possibly useful to a human reader, should not be
> sent in answer to a message coming from a mailing list (it is very
> easy for the mail program to determine whether a message is

Makes sense

> The last sentence appears to suggest that Exim should be
> configured (or at least configurable) not to send warning messages
> to listserv software managers?!! My question was: is this possible to
> do easily with Exim? If so how, please?

No. It just says don't return vacation bots / autoresponses in response to
list mail.

> place! Moreover, since Listserv apparently does not use the
> Precedence header, identifying Listserv messages isn't as simple as
> it ought to be!

Then tell them to use it.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org