Re: [Exim] message delay warning messages

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Nicholas Blackaby
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] message delay warning messages
* [Nicholas Blackaby on 06/08/01 13:00 +0100]

> delayed warning messsages and non-delivery reports to "non-
> human" senders. Over the past weekend he exceeded his mail quota
> and as a result, message-delayed-warning-messages were sent in
> response to messages he received from a listserv-based mailing list.

Well - such bounces - at least in a well configured mailing list (using VERP)
should be going to the list manager software (listserv).

> My question is: can [or should] I configure Exim _not_ to send
> message-delay-warning messages and NDRs to certain addresses?

No. Don't ever try that. Have the listserv people fix their software perhaps
(or better, post further details - such as logs, headers and bounces) so the
fault can be identified.

    -suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org