Re: [Exim] delayed 24 hours warning message

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Mike Bethune
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] delayed 24 hours warning message
On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Mike Bethune wrote:

> one of my users has a full mailbox, so his incoming mails are all sitting in
> the queue.
> one mail has now been in there 24 hours, so exim sent a warning message to
> the sender,
> but reason in the warning message states:
>      Delay reason: Retry time not yet reached
> how would i get the reason to state the actual problem, that his mailbox is
> full?

That is an unfortunate infelicity. I have a vague feeling that I'd
stopped it sending the warning message after this kind of defer - so
that it would only send the warning after it had really tried to
deliver. Hmm. There doesn't seem to be anything in the code. Maybe my
memory is wrong. Oh, wait a minute. The code looks as though it should
just omit the reason for a deferment. But clearly it hasn't in your
case. (And that isn't helpful either!)

I'll check this out, but it's not something I'm likely to rush into
changing for Exim 3 at this stage, at least not unless there's another
reason to put out another Exim 3 release.

Philip