Re: [Exim] X-RBL Warning I just received

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Tabor J. Wells
To: scott
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] X-RBL Warning I just received
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:18:14PM -0400,
scott@??? <scott@???> is thought to have said:

> Would someone offer some help as to why I just recieved this warning. I
> believe that the RBL is a good thing, but I have good reason to believe my
> mail server does not allow relaying.
>
> I have logged rejects from persons testing to see if I have an open relay
> and can offer them upon request.
>
> This disturbs me, since I don't want an open relay and wish to clear it up
> as soon as possible.
>
> The message I received is below. Private emails are preferred since any
> replies I make to the exim-users list will be delayed or stopped entirely
> (which is something I want to prevent).
>
> Thanks for any help offered.

An errant subscriber to exim-users with a way-too-agressive RBL setup
and a very badly behaved auto-responder that inserted postmaster@???
as the from were the cause of this.

The subscriber was removed from the list. The site was contacted. They
claim that the changes that were made to their mail server today have been
reversed. This shouldn't be an issue any longer. If it continues to be a
problem though, contact those of us who manage the exim-users mailing list
at maillist-admin@???

Thanks,

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality