[Exim] Recommendations for virus scanning/content filtering?

Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
A: exim-users
Assumptes nous: Getting OT Re: [Exim] Recommendations for virus scanning/content filtering?
Assumpte: [Exim] Recommendations for virus scanning/content filtering?
OK, after a SirCam infection at the office yesterday, the boss has decided
it's time to get virus filtering installed on our Exim mail server (good
idea, I've been asking to do it for months now).

It looks (to me at least) like Amavis-perl is the most complete virus
scanning tool for Exim at this point. Anyone have any other suggestions I
should look at first? What virus scanner do you guys recommend? I've seen
Sophos, Trend and McAfee for Linux, but have no idea how they compare.

Also, I'd like to filter out _all_ executable content, and not by filtering
on file extension (as the public "system filter" does). Has anyone seen a
program that will actually inspect the contents of the file and report back
whether it appears to contain _any_ Windows-executable content (i.e.
Portable Executable format, .COM format, batch files, VBScript, ECMAScript,
etc.)?