Re: [Exim] TLS errors from remote host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Todd Jagger
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TLS errors from remote host
On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Todd Jagger wrote:

> > >    SMTP<< 454 TLS not available: missing RSA private key (#4.3.0)

> Okay so let me get this straight just so I know for future
> reference.... Is the remote server the one without a certificate or
> did I not generate and install the certificate correctly on my side for
> Exim to use it as a client?

It's the remote server that has the problem. When Exim is acting as a
client, it does not need a certificate, unless the server is configured
to request one.

> Basically I just generated the key &
> certificate according to the command line option in the book and then
> told Exim where that was with the tls_certificate and the
> tls_privatekey entries in configure.

I presume you mean in the main part of the configuration. Those will be
used when your Exim is a server.

When it's a client, it is the settings in the smtp transport that are
used.