Re: [Exim] Proposal for Exim 4

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Proposal for Exim 4
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> > I was not planning on being that complicated. [I've just been struggling
> > with libtool again for a new release of the PCRE library, and dealing
> > with shared libraries is really complicated and messy. I'd rather keep
> > that out of Exim.]
>
> Well, I think you could just do that at the OS level and with the
> Local/Makefile, if you provided a away to leave the function out of
> the main build section.

I have realized that, of course, there isn't a problem. If you want to
have your function in a shared library, you just build your shared
library, and then write a very simple "user" function for Exim that just
calls your real function, and passes back its result. That leaves my
life simple, and puts all the complicated work onto you. :-)