Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Saez Padros
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH
Hi !!

> > Is $local_domain usable in authenticators ??
>
> There is no variable called $local_domain. I take it you mean either
> $local_part or $domain.

Sorry, I mean $sender_address and $sender_address_domain ...

> Think about it. When are authenticators run?

So $sender_address and $sender_address_domain are also not set (?)

> Answer 1 - on an Exim server: when a client connects and wants to
> authenticate, _before_ sending a message. So what value would you expect
> to be in $local_part or $domain?

I just want to have a way to forbid users to forge other users email
address, maybe it can be done on each director/router by comparing
$authenticated_sender with $sender_address, but I don't know if
$authenticated_sender is correctly set by MUA's. I could also make
a query to a database to check that $sender_address or $sender_address_domain
is allowed for $authenticated_id when it's set. But, how could I prevent:

- That users forge the From: address
- That not authenticated clients use a local address as envelope or From:

--
Thanx & best regards ...

Push red button to test, release to detonate...

     David Saez Padros                  e-mail  david@???
     On-Line Services 2000 S.L.
     Trafalgar 78 2º 2ª B               voice   +34 93 315 15 93
     08010 Barcelona (Spain)            movil   +34 670 35 27 53
     http://www.ols.es                  fax     +34 93 268 35 90
     http://www.ols.es/~david/