Re: [Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install d…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Chris Seberino
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] criticism/comment about missing info in install docs
On 01 Aug 2001 22:28:33 -0700, Chris Seberino wrote:
> Please
> don't tell me to RTFM. A newbie like me should not have to read
> 300+ pages to install a program!!!!!

Mail handling is a complex process. Certain companies attempt to give
you a point-and-drool interface to mail configuration and so we have a
whole bunch of compacently blindly ignorant mail "managers" who wouldn't
know an RFC if it hit them in the face. This is not a good state of
affairs. Frankly installing and managing a mail system requires some
knowledge, and stating that you shouldn't need to have this knowledge
pretty much states that you should not be joining the mail managing
community.

    Nigel.