Re: [Exim] delay_after_cutoff

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] delay_after_cutoff
On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, V. T. Mueller wrote:
> > The behaviour did not change. I browsed the FAQ and generated a mail using
> > -odq, fired it up using -M . Guess what- the bouncemail again.
>
> That is odd and should not happen. -M should override all retry
> checking. Did you try with -M -d9? If so, send me the stderr output for
> checking.
>
> > So here I am. How can I make exim reset that bloody retry counter? ;)
> > I read about rm spool/db/retry* in the list archive, but I guess this
> > can't be the 'official' treatment for this problem(?).
>
> -M should certainly do it. Otherwise, you can play around with
> exim_fixdb, to remove an individual retry record, but it ain't a neat
> process.

Hello,

Hm, well. After a lot of fiddling with exim_dumpdb and exim_tidydb I
managed to get that mx working again - BUT I should note that I'm quite
sure that it was no genuine exim problem. I've been using exim from v1.9
on on HP-UX and never had a problem (if so, it was between chair and
screen ;). This exim here was copied from SuSE 7.1 (cold installed) to
identical hardware were OS was updated 7.0->7.1 . In the meantime, we
found a couple of bugs in there and I guess all will get back to normal
operation as soon as we can move the service somewhere else.

Nevertheless, the problem freed some time to dive into exim again :)
Thanks for all your support!

Regards,
Volker
--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"