[Exim] delay_after_cutoff

Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] delay_after_cutoff
Hello,

I run exim 3.22 .

One external MX did fail for a couple of days due to a bug in the remote
site's firewall. There is an urgent message now and a workaround has been
enabled on their FW. I can send them testmail from the host exim is
running on, using telnet.

Exim, however, steadily bounces messages stating:

retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

So I did my homework, digged the list archive, added:

delay_after_cutoff = false

to the remote_smtp transport. And of course, I restarted exim.
The behaviour did not change. I browsed the FAQ and generated a mail using
-odq, fired it up using -M . Guess what- the bouncemail again.

So here I am. How can I make exim reset that bloody retry counter? ;)
I read about rm spool/db/retry* in the list archive, but I guess this
can't be the 'official' treatment for this problem(?).

TIA,
Volker

--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"