Re: [Exim] Forward Slashes in local parts

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Forward Slashes in local parts
(goofed up the sender. sorry 'bout that).

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:33:59 +0100 (BST), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Marc Haber wrote:
>> To make messages to this non-existent address properly bounce, I'd
>> probably have to replace the forward slash in the file name with a
>> different character.
>
>It will be easier to do this in Exim 4, but in Exim 3 you can bounce
>local_parts containing slashes by this director
>
>bounce_slash:
> driver = smartuser
> local_parts = ^.*/
> new_address = :fail: Unknown user

This is a good idea. Do I see correctly that this director would be
needed for almost every locally delivering system that uses
$local_part to determine the maildrop's location in the file system?

I'd like to see something like this in the manual or the FAQ.

Greetings
Marc