Re: [Exim] RBL feature request

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John W Baxter
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Philip Hazel
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] RBL feature request
At 9:21 +0100 7/31/2001, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, John W Baxter wrote:
>
>> If Exim will do a single lookup and cache the result (per message), then
>
>Sorry, Exim 3 does no RBL caching, but caching code has already been
>implemented for Exim 4 (per message). However, even in Exim 3, your
>local DNS server should be caching, shouldn't it?

Well, in the zone transfer method of doing RBL (cheaperthan paying for
individual lookups, for our user count, and also faster), the zone file
will be local to us, and refreshed <somehow...we haven't gotten into the
transfer ACL yet>.

That's what I meant by saying that 7 local lookups should be quicker than
the three remote lookups we're doing now...I haven't looked at what TTL
comes back with those 3 lookups, but for a given incoming message they
don't usefully cache: different domains.

I think it will be workable in Exim 3, so tuneups--from my viewpoint--be
done in Exim 4 after we've all learned a bit more about the new world.

--John