[Exim] rate limit patch available

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Naylor
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] rate limit patch available
I've seen a number of requests for rate limiting functionality on the list
in the past. Here is a patch which adds the functionality - I've been
using it within a large ISP environment over the past year or more. I ran
this by Philip, and he has indicated that he will consider adding
something similar to Exim 4. He will offer it with a host list though,
allowing it to be selectively applied - please folks, use this patch with
caution - it is best used in very particular configurations and misuse
could really make your mail server unhappy.

The intended use of this patch is for hosts which provide relay service
(and no other service - no mail delivery or backup MX etc) so as to limit
the extent to which a spammer could abuse such a service. I'd be
interested in hearing about other applications, but I can't recommend the
patch for anything other than the situation I've described since that's
all I've ever used it for. A more complete description of the patch and
the download itself is available at the following URL...

<http://www.geckoworks.com/software/exim_ratelimit.html>

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

--
Pete Naylor