Re: [Exim] configuration: spaces and CR

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Kangoo Kangoo
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] configuration: spaces and CR
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Kangoo Kangoo wrote:

> I was reading in the doc that Exim deletes all multiple spaces and carriage
> returns when using its variables such as $message_body, $message_headers,
> etc. The problem is that I put all my mail in a MySql DB through PERL, and
> from time to time depending on the status I previously gave to my mail, I
> want to reparse it. But if the carriage returns are deletes I may have some
> problems to parse my mail since according to RFC822 the carriage returns are
> very important for the mail to be considered as one. Therefore I need a way
> to keep those carriage returns as well as those multiple spaces. Also they
> are important for I want to read my mail later on.

I think you may be confused here. Exim makes NO CHANGES to the body of
the message itself. So what is delivered will be unmodified.

It is only if you make use of the $message_body variable in an Exim
configuration or filter file that these changes happen. This is to make
it easier to scan for sequences of words without having to worry about
whether they are split over line breaks.

To be strictly accurate: it is linefeed characters that are affected,
not carriage returns. Exim turns CRLF line terminators that arrive over
SMTP connections into the standard Unix line terminator, which is
linefeed.