Re: [Exim] Delivered Confirmation

Author: Yann Golanski
To: exim-users @ exim . org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Delivered Confirmation
Quoth Suresh Ramasubramanian on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 07:22:27PM +0530
> Michael Peters [exim-users] <27/07/01 04:46 +0200>:
> > Does anybody know how to have a "Delivery Confirmation' sent to the sender
> > when the mail to the recipient has been successfully delivered:
>
> Exim doesn't do DSN - but you can set up an autoreply by following the FAQ

Many ways exist.

Have a filter file for the user that gets the mail that says mails back
the sender with a confirmation -- BE carefull of mail loops. You could
tail the logs and pipe the output to a magic perl script that mails your
user. You could pipe the mail into a perl script that does the same
thing and logs the call into a database...

The only thing Exim won't do for you is the washing up... but wait till
version 4.

(yes, I am in a silly mood... it's friday, we're moving office
AGAIN!!!...)

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.