Re: [Exim] Tracking SirCam (fwd) with 'date:' header

Author: Jim Tittsler
To: Felipe
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Tracking SirCam (fwd) with 'date:' header
On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:05:35PM -0500, Felipe wrote:
> Alan Thew quoted a securityfocus posting:
> > In the header of the message, everything looks dynamic, and so tracking it
> > seems to be hard. However, there is a slip -- the Date: header actaully
> > appears as 'date:'.

> How can I compouse the right filter...?

Perhaps a filter stanza like:

# The W32/Sircam virus is sending messages with lower case date: headers
if $message_headers CONTAINS "\ndate: "
then
    freeze text "Suspect W32/Sircam virus message"
endif

(The upper-case CONTAINS makes the string comparison case
sensitive.)

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/