Re: [Exim] How to: exim + Oracle + Perl + DBI

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Richard Welty, Paul Makepeace
Kopio: Sheldon Hearn, Paul Kelly, exim-users, Chris Lightfoot
Aihe: Re: [Exim] How to: exim + Oracle + Perl + DBI
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Richard Welty wrote:

> the correct solution, then, would seem to be to build a standalone
> "exim database listener" process which maintains the connection, and
> takes the queries from exim.

Er, _a_ correct solution...

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Another is to provide the data in a format exim can use more quickly.
> I will cook up a Oracle/SQL -> CDB script and exim.conf as part of the
> vmail system some time next week.

That's what I was about to say. It would always be my preferred
approach, because (a) it is simpler and (b) it will perform better
because it does not have a single process (the "listener") that every
Exim process has to communicate with. (OK, you could have several, but
it's still a potential choke point.)