Re: [Exim] Error when compiling Exim with MySQL

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: XeCtiC
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Error when compiling Exim with MySQL
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, XeCtiC wrote:

> I get an error when compiling Exim with MySQL support:
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o): In function
> `my_uncompress':
> my_compress.o(.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `uncompress'
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o): In function
> `my_compress_alloc':
> my_compress.o(.text+0x12a): undefined reference to `compress'

I am not very familiar with mysql, but this is apparently a problem with
the mysql library installed on your system. A function in the library can't
find the function called "uncompress".

> This are the lines in my Local/Makefile:
> LOOKUP_DBM=yes
> LOOKUP_LSEARCH=yes
> LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes
> LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /usr/include -I /usr/local/include -I
> /usr/local/mysql/include
> LOOKUP_LIBS=-L /usr/lib -L /usr/local/lib -L
> /usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient

That looks OK to me, though I see that I have -lm as well as
-lmysqlclient. I can't remember if that is anything to do with mysql or
not, however.

> ps. this is my fist time I send a email to a mailinglist, I hope I am
> doing everything right.

You are.