Re: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm

Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm
[ On Tuesday, July 24, 2001 at 09:35:52 (-0500), Justyn's Lists wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] W32/Sircam worm
>
> Gee, I if I had provided a little more info my post might have made more
> sense huh?  I was reading on the Mcafee site about the W32/Sircam worm
> and they said that it sends itself "using one of the following
> extensions: .BAT, .COM, .EXE, .LNK, .PIF. This results in attachment
> names having double-extensions."    Sooo,  I was suggesting... you may
> want to add the .lnk extension to your system filters, and I was asking
> if anyone else had a better idea?

Supposedly there are varieties that can utter messages in Spanish, but
around here this pattern on the body matches every single one of them:

    '^I send you this file in order to have your advice$'

(and is highly unlikely to match any legitimate message, and if it does
the author needs to take more English lessons anyway! ;-)

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>     <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>