Re: [Exim] How to: exim + Oracle + Perl + DBI

Autor: Hirling Endre
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] How to: exim + Oracle + Perl + DBI
Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Below is an overview and sample of how to issue SQL queries against an
> Oracle database using perl and its DBI & DBD::Oracle modules. I have
> just included snippets of exim.conf and a complete perl start_up.pl
> rather than a complete solution.

Oracle connects can take a long time so I implemented a simple caching
method into my perl helper using db3. It worked on the testbed so I put it
at http://dusk.interware.hu/~endre/exim-oracle.pl.txt if anyone's
interested. You're free to do anything with it just remember my name when
it works (and forget it when it eats your mail ;)

It's an "ugly but working" code, provided mainly as an example to speed up
oracle lookups.

-m-