Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying

Autor: Kevin Sindhu
A: Philip Hazel
CC: hanasaki, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying
On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 04:10:34PM +0100, Philip Hazel penned:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, hanasaki wrote:
>
> > It turns out the problem was my running exim from inetd, which resulted in all hosts looking like they were
> > localhost. Yes I know it was probably in the manuals somewhere and did see a reference to something that, at
> > least to me, didn't make sense at the time.
>
> Please give more detail. Just running from inetd should not have this
> effect. It works correctly in simple tests.

I believe this (open-relay) was due to his settings:

host_auth_accept_relay =
host_accept_relay =

I sent him modified exim.conf, which had "localhost" explictly defined which
solved the problem. As for unknown email addresses , it was because he
did not have reciever_verify.

Anyway, I think that's fixed now.

-Kevin

--
The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
                -- Bohr