Re: [Exim] Fail command in filters: no mail sent back to the…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Gregory Heinrich
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Fail command in filters: no mail sent back to the sender ???
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Gregory Heinrich wrote:

> I think I get it! In fact, the message that is supposed to be sent back to
> the heinrich@??? with an error message is also filtered!

Of course. All messages are filtered.

> To fix it, I have added a test for first_delivery at the beginning of my
> filter so that it now looks like :

Wrong fix. First delivery applies to each message separately. The error
message isn't a "second delivery", but a new message.

> I do not know the exim filter language very well. How can I fix it?

You must test for the error message, and not filter it. Something like

if error message and $sender_address is mailer-daemon@???
then finish endif