Re: [Exim] remote_max_parallel

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Simon Huggins
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] remote_max_parallel
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Simon Huggins wrote:

> Is there a way to still deliver multiple messages to the same host in
> one connection but start up up to remote_max_parallel connections for
> different hosts?

That's not a meaningful question without some background context. If we
ignore special cases like dial-up hosts, Exim will deliver multiple
messages to the same host in one connection only if there has been a
delay. If all is going well and there are no delays, each message
arrives and is immediately delivered over its own connection by its own
delivery process.

Exim does _not_ have a central "mail manager" process that sees all
messages and puts them into queues for hosts, or anything like that.

> Preferably configurable so it'll send them in say n messages per host.

For messages with large numbers of recipients that are routed to the
same host (more than can be sent in one copy of the message), there are
trade-offs between multiple connections and multiple copies of the
message down one connection, but I'm not sure if this is what you are
talking about.