Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: hanasaki
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] URGENT: closing relaying
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, hanasaki wrote:

> should the following keep users from doing the following? If not....
> what am I missing?
>
> exim.conf v3.22
> ==========
> local_domains = mydomain.com
> #local_domains_include_host = true
> local_domains_include_host_literals = true
>
> #relay_domains =
> relay_domains_include_local_mx = false
> headers_check_syntax
>
> host_auth_accept_relay = localhost
> host_accept_relay = localhost
>

> script
> ==========
> telnet mailsserver 25
> helo blah
> mail from:<spam@spam>
> "RCPT TO:<a@???>
> DATA
> Subject: sub
> info for you
> .
> QUIT

This is probably the same situation as FAQ 0833, but since you haven't
quoted the SMTP responses, I cannot be sure.

For a host to be an open relay, it must do TWO things:

(a) Accept mail for arbitrary addresses.
(b) Deliver that mail to its intended addresses.

Many people forget about (b).

Possibly what you are missing is receiver_verify.