Re: [Exim] Internal Mail Server

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: matt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Internal Mail Server
[mailed and posted]

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, matt wrote:

> [...] Basically i want to use Exim for an
> internal mail server and have exim pass out all external mail. There is
> just one domain name.

This should be very simple. Put your local domain name in local_domains
and for your first router in the router section use something like

send_to_gateway:
driver = domainlist
route_list = "* isps.gateway.hub byname"

which basically says pass everthing to any domain to isps.gateway.hub.
But things for your local domain won't get passed because routers don't
touch things that match what's in local_domains.

> It should be fairly easy yet i haven't goetten anything working at
> all.

What have you tried. I strongly suspect that there is something like
this in the FAQ (but I'm not connected at the moment).

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html