Re: [Exim] Case-Problem

Author: Patrick von der Hagen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Case-Problem
On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 12:37:59AM +0200, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2001-07-20 at 17:06 +0200, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
> > when migrating from an old system to exim I found two accounts in
> > uppercase like "ABC". The problem is: I can't deliver to them. :-(
>
> Is there a reason why you can't just change the usercodes in the
> password file to 'abc'?

Well, these accounts are old and group-accounts, i. e. several people
working on a project together share those accounts. I don't know in how
many scripts these Accounts are hard-coded, but since account-names are
case-sensitive ("ssh -l ABC" != "ssh -l abc") some things might break.
People just don't want those accounts to be renamed.

I could add additional lines to my passwd-file with "abc" pointing to
the ABC-home-directory and having the same UID and GID, but that would
rather be a hack which I'd like to avoid if there is an (easy)
alternative in Exim.

--
CU,
Patrick.