[Exim] TLS question re cascading TLS authenitication and ove…

Author: Anthony Barker
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] TLS question re cascading TLS authenitication and overhead
I got TLS up and running without any problems.. quite
simple once you wade through the SSL documentation. I
want to know if I cascading TLS authenitication would
work.

For example I have 2 EXIM servers, each with MX
records.

MX 10 mail1.test.com.
MX 20 mail2.test.com.

Server mail1
HAS TLS enabled and forces SSL authentication on the
cert level.

Server mail2
-HAS TLS enabled - but doesn't force authentication.
-Need to log every email that goes through the server
(From, sender and To fields)

1. Will this work? Will the other server (sendmail,
postfix etc ) fail over to the mail2 server?

2. Anyone have any idea what the overhead from using
SSL is?

Many Thanks,

Anthony Barker
Toronto, Canada