Re: [Exim] Handling multiple domain names

Author: Ollie Cook
To: Gregory Heinrich
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Handling multiple domain names
On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 12:14:18PM +0200, Gregory Heinrich wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an Exim configuration that handles all the emails addressed at
> domain1.com.
> Now I would like the same machine to handle all the emails addressed at
> domain2.com.
> Assuming that MX entries for domain1.com and domain2.com are pointing to the
> machine that runs my Exim installation, do I have to modify my Exim
> configuration file to make it work?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Greg.

Without knowing what you're doing at the moment it's hard to say, but you
will need to change local_domains to include domain2.com

depending on how you do local delivery you will need to change your director
to deliver to /var/spool/mail/domain/user instead of /var/spool/mail/user
(for example)... I can't say because I don't know how you do it at the
moment.

If you change where the mailboxes are held you will most likely also need
to change your POP/IMAP server configuration as well - but that's an off
topic subject for this list.

Cheers,

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065