[Exim] Case-Problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick von der Hagen
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Case-Problem
Hi all,

when migrating from an old system to exim I found two accounts in
uppercase like "ABC". The problem is: I can't deliver to them. :-(

There is mail to ABC or abc, it is passed to my server, works its way
through LDAP and fails in my local_delivery with "no such user". I
suppose the user isn't found in /etc/passwd which is required to expand
"file = ${home}/mailbox" and to do the "su" in order to deliver.
Exim converts "ABC" to lowercase but in /etc/passwd it is written in
uppercase. But I can't unset locally_caseless, since I do not want to
refuse Mail which accidently has uppercaseletters (liek "Hagen" instead
of "hagen") and is intended for an lowercase account.

My only idea is to set up two additional directors, each matching one
of my uppercase-accounts and each invoking a special transport
delivering to "file = /home/ABC/mailbox". But since exim does su to the
user it is delivering to I suppose I have to do additional work?

--
CU,
Patrick.