Re: [Exim] where in exim.conf are system wide filters writte…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: jon
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] where in exim.conf are system wide filters written ??
[mailed and posted]

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 jon@??? wrote:

> > That might be better. But you can read up on the methods mail delivery
> > uses for locking. Simplier might be to make the first thing that the perl
> > script does is a rename of the file to some working location instead of a
> > delete on the delivery point.
>
> Yes, but my concern is that while perl is processing one mail, another
> arrives
> and exim writes to the same file...

That wouldn't be a problem with the scheme I sketched. But the best thing
is to simply make sure that your perl script respects fcntl locking.

> > In the main part of the configuration file you use
> >
> > message_filter = /path/to/my/system/filter/file

> okay, i think the documentation could be better on explaining this
> part.

It's odd. The first time I used this I had trouble finding it in the
documentation, although in retrospect, I can't see how chapter could say
it any more clearly than it does, now but maybe (and I'm quoting from the
3.10 docs)

44.1 The system message filter

The system message filter operates in a similar manner to users' filter
files, but it is run just once per message (however many recipients is
has) at the start of a delivery attempt, before any routing or directing
is done. If a message fails to be completely delivered at the first
attempt, the filter is run again at the start of every retry.

Could be rewritten so as

The system message filter, in the file specified by the message_filter
option, operates in a similar manner to users' filter files, [...]

Also there is a typo

  (however many recipients is has)
                           ^^

I don't know if that is there in the 3.2 and 3.3 docs.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html