Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg A. Woods
Para: Mark S. Guz
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains
[ On Thursday, July 19, 2001 at 12:41:56 (+0100), Mark S. Guz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains
>
> well, for me. it took 30+ seconds to clear the dead server.
> For instance, if I telneted to port 25 on the afflicted server it took
> 30+ seconds to give me the usual prompt.
> This tranlated into timeouts for all of our users and a build up of half
> open connections on our server.
> took out the dead server and boom, back to normal.

Where eactly in the SMTP transaction did those timeouts occur?

If they occurred anywhere after the initial 220 message was sent by Exim
then I think you should think very hard about replacing the client
software your users are using with something that's more compliant with
SMTP. No client should ever timeout so quickly at that stage.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>     <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>