Re: [Exim] SMTP not responding

Author: Jeff Green
To: Gareth Otte, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP not responding
At 01:15 AM 7/19/01 , you wrote:
>I'm not sure if this is an Exim problem, but if would possibly like some
>help please.
>I have various users who when they try and send mail, they receive an error
>message that the SMTP server has not responded in 60 secs.......
>The strange thing is that some users are fine.
>I am quite happy to read up on the problem, if I knew where to look.

How is DNS set up on the hosts that are delayed? Are they local or remote? If local, and no local DNS server is availalbe, do the machines being used have a listing in the server's hosts file? I could walk you through how this works, but I don't want to bore you if I'm off track.

Jeff

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com        Networking Las Vegas Since 1986