RE: [Exim] Exim & Cyrus

Autor: Bernard Stern
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Exim & Cyrus
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:57:14 +0200 (EET) =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=DCllar_Kask?= wrote:

> Hi:

> I have exim 3.22 and Cyrus 2.0.12 IMAP server installed on our RH Linux7.1
> box and I want all mail delivered to the cyrus imap server. I've added

> local_delivery:
> driver = pipe
> command = "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver ${local_part}"
> user = cyrus
> return_output
> log_output
> prefix =
> suffix =

> localuser:
> driver = localuser
> transport = local_delivery

> to exim.conf, but delivering mail to the cyrus server doesn't work. I keep
> getting:
> localuser director declined for cyrususr: no such user

> What else is needed to have mail delivered to cyrus imap server?

try piping a test mail (from a text file) into /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver ${local_part}:

$ cat testmail | /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver user

as user cyrus and look what happens. Once you can do this successfully from
the command line (ie the mail gets delivered into the user's mailbox), you can
test your exim config. But until then it's not an exim problem.

Bernard Stern, SWITCH