Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark S. Guz
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Suresh Ramasubramanian, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Mark S. Guz wrote:
>
> > Given that exim becomes unusable when it can't reach one of the servers
> > in its rbl domain list
> > I do think that a failure message would help diagnose problems quickly.
>
> Please give more detail of what you mean by "unusable". What the code is
> supposed to do if it can't reach an RBL server is simply to ignore the
> setting, and proceed as if it coulnd't find the host in the RBL. It
> shouldn't cease working.

well, for me. it took 30+ seconds to clear the dead server.
For instance, if I telneted to port 25 on the afflicted server it took
30+ seconds to give me the usual prompt.
This tranlated into timeouts for all of our users and a build up of half
open connections on our server.
took out the dead server and boom, back to normal.

--
Mark S. Guz
Senior System/Network Engineer

Scotland On Line
Technology Park
Gemini Crescent
Dundee DD2 1SW

Tel + 44 (0) 1382 429000
Fax + 44 (0) 1382 429001
http://www.scotlandonline.co.uk

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You
should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately.

It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute nor form
part of a contract or unilateral obligation.

relate to the official business of Scotland On Line Limited shall be