[Exim] headers_rewrite problems

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Alec Edworthy
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] headers_rewrite problems
Hi,

I have got the following in my exim configuration file in the Transports
section:

remote_smtp:
     driver = smtp
     headers_rewrite = *@linuxvm.local    $1@??? f

To rewrite an address such as alec@??? as alec@???
but it is not doing the rewriting and the recipient SMTP server (i.e. the
one at the receivers end) is rejecting my mails due to not being able to
route to sender alec@???. I have also tried putting hf at the end
of the above rewrite line.

If I put:

*@linuxvm.local    $1@???

in the Rewrite Configuration section at the end of the file then the rewrite
is done correctly and the recipients SMTP server sees only the
edworthyuk.co.uk domain and so does not fail the message, BUT this operates
on all e-mails (internal and external) whilst I only want it to operate on
e-mails for external addresses..

Why is the header_rewrite not working correctly in the remote_smtp: part,
and if it is working correctly, then how can I do the rewrite another way?
Is it possible to put other checks (a regular expression for example) in the
Rewrite Configuration section at the end of the file?

I am using Exim 3.22 on SuSE 6.4.

If this has been answered elsewhere in the mailing list and/or other
documentation then I apologise for asking a repeat question, but can you
please point me in the direction of the relevant area.

Thank you, Alec

--
Alec Edworthy
alec@???