RE: [Exim] Exim & IMAP

Author: Bernard Stern
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim & IMAP
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:42:37 +0900 Toshio Kumagai wrote:

> Hi all,

>     It's something OT, but...
>     I'm using UWimap (imap2000c) because it supports
>     imap over SSL (imaps, 993/tcp).
>     Does Cyrus (and other imap server) support SSL in
>     native ?

Yes it does since version 2.0. (we did patch the version 1.6
to support imaps).

(...)

>> Managing IMAP compares Cyrus with UWash, not Courier.

doh! Yes you're right, should have checked before making false
claims :-(((

>> Paul : I'm using Exim with UWash at work (delivering via tmail to mbx
>> mailboxes) and Courier at home using native maildir delivery. I've
>> tried Cyrus but didn't get very far with it. The configuration changes
>> needed to make them work with Exim are fairly minimal and are documented
>> in the spec and faq. If you want the exact config to get your started,
>> or my opinions on the IMAP servers mail directly.

The exim config to work with Cyrus IMAP is indeed easy, unfortunately
the same cannot be said about the configuration of the Cyrus imapd
itself.
But this is not the right list to continue this thread. There
are lists for cyrus products: