Re: [Exim] Exim & IMAP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lee Shakespeare
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim & IMAP
Bernard Stern wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:29:26 +0100 (BST) Paul Tansom wrote:
>
> > I have just found Exim having switched to Debian, and found it very easy to
> > work with. What I need to do now is get it working with IMAP. I've been
> > looking at the Courier and Cyrus IMAP daemons and am trying to decide which to
> > use. I have noted that the Courier requires Maildir support, so will need to
> > look into how to configure Exim for this. Does anyone have any good pointers
> > to sites with info on configuring these for use with Exim, or have any views on
> > the best one to use?
>
> I can recommend the "Managing IMAP" book from D & K Mullet (O'Reilly).
> Both products are compared to each other, and there is a lot of in-depth
> info on both.

Managing IMAP compares Cyrus with UWash, not Courier.

Paul : I'm using Exim with UWash at work (delivering via tmail to mbx
mailboxes) and Courier at home using native maildir delivery. I've
tried Cyrus but didn't get very far with it. The configuration changes
needed to make them work with Exim are fairly minimal and are documented
in the spec and faq. If you want the exact config to get your started,
or my opinions on the IMAP servers mail directly.

Lee.

Lee Shakespeare : TWF Internet Limited : lee@???

Don't mind me, pulling my hair out because of the squandered
potential of the web is a hobby of mine.    [Jamie Zawinski]