RE: [Exim] Exim & IMAP

Author: Bernard Stern
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim & IMAP
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:29:26 +0100 (BST) Paul Tansom wrote:

> I have just found Exim having switched to Debian, and found it very easy to
> work with. What I need to do now is get it working with IMAP. I've been
> looking at the Courier and Cyrus IMAP daemons and am trying to decide which to
> use. I have noted that the Courier requires Maildir support, so will need to
> look into how to configure Exim for this. Does anyone have any good pointers
> to sites with info on configuring these for use with Exim, or have any views on
> the best one to use?

I can recommend the "Managing IMAP" book from D & K Mullet (O'Reilly).
Both products are compared to each other, and there is a lot of in-depth
info on both. I have no experience with the Courier product. We have
deployed Cyrus IMAP at our site (both 1.6.x and 2.0.x versions). From
what I have understood in the book, the products philosophy are quite
different, so you will have to decide which you want to follow.
Cyrus does pretty well with Exim, from what I have read on this list
Courier also does.

(...)

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d     e-mail: postmaster@???