Re: [Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Carl B. Constantine
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim-Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting
* Philip Hazel (ph10@???) wrote:
> This will be easier in Exim 4, but is doable in Exim 3. If you want
> yourid@??? to be treated as a local address and all
> others@??? to be treated as remote, do this:
>
> 1. Remove duckwing.ca from local_domains.
>
> 2. Set this as your first router:
>
> special:
> driver = domainlist
> domains = duckwing.ca
> local_parts = yourid
> route_list = * localhost byname
> self = local

I'll try that. I assume I can add more userids to the local_parts
option, like:

    local_parts= myid1 myid2

> The effect of this is to send yourid@??? to the directors, which
> presumably deliver it locally. All others@??? are remote
> addresses, and will (presumably) be sent off to your ISP like any other
> remote domain.
>
> But I'm not sure I really understand. If your wife gets her mail from
> your Linux box, how does it do it if there is no user on the system?
> Whatever it does should be doable without having to send messages to
> your ISP and back.

My wife gets her email from the ISP, not from my Linux box.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.4)               http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!