Re: [Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Carl B. Constantine
Cc: Exim-Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim with Fetchmail and ISP hosting
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Carl B. Constantine wrote:

> local_domains = localhost:duckwing.ca
>
> duckwing.ca is the domain that my ISP is hosting for me. I could not get
> fetchmail and exim to work nicely together without this change.
> (actually only the local_domains seems to be relevant).
>
> Anyway, the problem I've encountered with this setup is I can't send to
> another user in the duckwing.ca domain. For example, I can't email my
> wife who gets her mail on our Mac from my Linux box. I get an error back
> from Exim saying "unknown local part USERID". I assume this is because
> Exim thinks my linux box is the duckwing.ca mail server and there is no
> user on my system for my wife.

This will be easier in Exim 4, but is doable in Exim 3. If you want
yourid@??? to be treated as a local address and all
others@??? to be treated as remote, do this:

1. Remove duckwing.ca from local_domains.

2. Set this as your first router:

special:
driver = domainlist
domains = duckwing.ca
local_parts = yourid
route_list = * localhost byname
self = local

The effect of this is to send yourid@??? to the directors, which
presumably deliver it locally. All others@??? are remote
addresses, and will (presumably) be sent off to your ISP like any other
remote domain.

But I'm not sure I really understand. If your wife gets her mail from
your Linux box, how does it do it if there is no user on the system?
Whatever it does should be doable without having to send messages to
your ISP and back.