Re: [Exim] Funny behaviour with system_filter.exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Odhiambo Washington
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Funny behaviour with system_filter.exim
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> While running with Exim-3.22 it used to give a message like (1) below when
> it catches one of those files.
> Now with Exim-3.31 (nothing changed in the configure file) it gives a
> message like (2) below. Exim on FreeBSD compiled from tarball.

This is a consequence of this change that was made for 3.30:

27. The "freeze" or "fail" message in a system filter can become very
large if long header lines are included: truncate it if it's over 1000
characters long. Also ensure that it contains only printing characters
(by escaping if necessary) so as not to mess up the log.

Your configured message contains tab characters, which the function for
forcing printing characters has turned into \t.

I (almost, almost) never use tab characters myself because they are just
confusing. Consequently, I tend to forget about their existence. If you
replace them with spaces, you should get back to the old format.