Re: [Exim] Exim & IMAP

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Mike Meredith
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim & IMAP

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:10:18 +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:

> > Oh, additionally I would like to change the connction banner that
> > Exim returns. I don't have any issues about advertising Exim, but
> > think it would add a small layer of security to remove the
> > identification of which server and version I am using. Of course
> > anyone reading this will know! ;-)
>
> A question I can answer at last :-)

Just keep in mind that the "small layer of security" is almost
non-existent, since Exim's "fingerprint" is in its other entire response
set, not just the banner message.

In fact, all you're really doing is hiding useful information from
ligitimate consumers. Unless you spend some time messing around with
Exim's entire response set, this is silly.

Ciao,
Sheldon.